Wednesday, August 06, 2008

First Day of School

Today was a big day for McKinley. It was his first day of school. He has gone to a local preschool for the last few years, but that was only for a few hours, 2 days a week. Today he started big boy school which is all day- 5 days a week. He was very lucky to get into a class at Aunt Tammy's school, which makes mommy feel better since he is not at school with me yet! Here are some pictures from our morning. He was most excited about his bookbag and lunchbox. He was so excited that he put them on at 6:40 this morning and did not want to take them off even though he was not leaving for school for another 20 minutes. He was ready! McKinley is showing off his muscles in this picture. He is telling me how strong he is and that he can carry all of his stuff.




McKinley said he had a good day and that he liked it and wanted to go back tomorrow. I have tried all afternoon to ask him about school, but have not gotten much , but I do know that.....

1-you have to wear your shoes during naptime in case of a firedrill

2-he could not play on the playground because they were sweeping it (they were cutting grass and weedeating.....isn't that too cute....I guess seeing somebody weedeating does kind of look like sweeping)

3- Miss. Tracy and Miss. Misty are just like Miss. Susan and Miss Amy (his teachers last year) but more fun!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have really grown up! I hope that you have a GREAT year at school! I am excited about the new baby! Take care and hope to see you soon! Amy Williams